I am soooo thrilled about this find. I had a huge EUREKA moment when i realised this and connected the dots. It’s not that i found a new tool that is so revolutionary, this is a tool that has been there for years already, but probably no one realised that it could be used to create and maintain a digital garden easily and effectively.
Although i am very sure about the tool being able to satisfy my requirements of a digital garden, i would like to take a few steps back and see if this would satisfy the general requirements of other enthusiasts as well.
For that, i need all your support to create a big master list of requirements, that you would come to expect from your “dream” Digital Gardening Tool. Kindly share your needs under this post, so that i can verify the limits of this said tool and also come up with a proposal of how this is going to be perfect
I am starting with my list of requirements :
- Should let me connect notes/posts
- Should show backlinks
- Let’s me edit and add newly discovered information, with the least amount of friction
- Ease of editing and pushing content is important
- Version control is desirable
- When i wish to, i must be able to allow other’s to write and edit with me
- Readers should have the ability to follow the posts that they desire and be notified of any changes
- The system should never spam the inbox of a reader
- I should be able to take the readers through a narrated journey if i desire
SEO (as much as i hate SEO, i have to tune my content so that it reaches more people)
- The dynamic content should be compatible with SEO.
A Community experience built in for my readers
Manage email lists
Have user metrics of the articles/notes and also for community engagement
Gamification elements that readers can enjoy
Be able to share my writings to other social media with the push of a button, if readers desire
As No-Code as possible