This thread would serve as a pilot discussion for deeper exploration into the digital zettelkasten system .
For starters , we are going to collaborate with our beloved Zettel Master , from our roam-cult !
Pleased to introduce Beau Haan to you all !
A few words about him :
- He’s been hard at work developing a novel zettelkasten system , centered around Roam that takes full advantage of it’s block referencing features .
- The system has been rigorously tested by himself and a few other notable roam-personalities and it stands UNDEFEATED . He has given an open invitation for people to challenge his workflow/system of zettel and find a weakness ( in good spirit , so that he may perfect the flaws )
- While , I don’t intend to challenge the system yet , this is a project to understand his ways and procedures . His mission is to get such systems out there to the world , so that no one may suffer from information overload or obesity . He wants people to actually use what they read and he will not rest until he’s let this beast out into the world .
To get acquainted with his works , i suggest you see these two videos :
Also , check out his threadapalooza here :
My personal favourite feature in his workflow :
- The ability to nest the zettels and visualise the clusters , just like the analog version .
- This is quite tricky to achieve in a digital system and i for one , went through a few hoops by using rem references to arrange based on relevance in a separate slip box , while the actual zettel and its references existed elsewhere . He went many steps ahead of me there and has attained a beautiful workflow ! I truly admire the system and wish to decode it with him and document the process here .
@beau - Once you jump in and start posting , i will be granting you higher level access so that you can edit this post into a Wiki
Let’s goooo !
P.S. I have already figured out one area of improvement in your workflow I shall reveal it after you have given an official walkthrough of your process !