Collection of mental model resources

Hello All.

Posting some resources for learning more about mental models as mentioned by @Karthikk

Web Resources

1. Mental Models: The Best Way to Make Intelligent Decisions (109 Models Explained)- Farnam Street
  2. The Ultimate Guide to First-Principles Thinking
  3. Mental Models Academy

Books

1. Super Thinking: The Big Book of Mental Models by Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann
  2. Poor Charlie’s Almanack by Charlier Munger
  3. 100 MENTAL MODELS - Ebook + Resources

Online Course / Club
Mental Model Of The Month Club
While this is a bit pricey option, well worth checking out if you want to delve deep. The quality of material and course content is top-notch. Curated by Michael Simmons and Eben Pagan.
I see that they have some promotions going on currently for annual and lifetime membership.
Just so you know, it’s not an affiliate link!! :smile:

Please feel free to add more resources you have come across. We can make this into an excellent repository.

2 Likes

109 models! :exploding_head:

Thanks for the reading material, this will take me a while. :smile:

The most recent brief overview of mental models I read was on Ness Labs:

And a short but useful article on some basic ways to evaluate your mental models (helpful if you have 109 of them!):

Nothing revolutionary there, but a good place to start, I think. It can be an overwhelming information space, as your links above show. :grin:

We might eventually want to make your post into a Wiki entry and, as you say, turn it into a great repository! Let’s see what others have to add…

2 Likes

Forgot to add one gumroad ebook which I purchased off late. Editing the post to add this under Books section

2 Likes

Yes, I really like Ness Labs for lucidly explaining concepts, thanks for sharing.

1 Like